Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University has always put strong emphasis on international exchanges in academic and educational spheres.
Students, teachers, and researchers of the University have constantly been trying to receive grants and scholarships in the leading universities of the USA, Great Britain, Germany, France, etc. The most highly promoted programs are the following:
- Fulbright Scholar Program, administered by the Fulbright Office in Ukraine;
- Fulbright Faculty Development Program, administered by the Fulbright Office in Ukraine;
- Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Program, administered by the Fulbright Office in Ukraine;
- DAAD Scholarship Programs for study and research work in Germany;
- Study in German HEIs: Fellowship Program of Konrad Adenauer Foundation;
- International Program for English teachers IATEFL (British Council);
- International Program for English teachers TESOL (America House);
- International Program for French teachers of “Allianct Francaise”;
- Visegrad Scholarship Program: grants and scholarships for research work and study in the countries – member of the Visegrad Union;
- National Scholarship Program of Slovak Republic.
Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University received a grant allocated for the project with a number of beneficiaries TEMPUS PROGRAMME “CENTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES Joint European Project TEMPUS UM-JEP # 27249-2006/UKR”.
All international events and meetings, conferences and workshops organized at the University promote further realization of modern policy and strategy of Ukraine aimed at the development of national system of higher education integrated into the European and world community.